Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Location: Greensboro – Guilford County
Employment Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Position Title: Office Administrator
Reports To: President/CEO of Downtown Greensboro, Inc.
About the Organization:
Downtown Greensboro Incorporated (DGI) is an economic development organization focused on stimulating investment and activity in the center city. DGI is a non-profit entity and is led by a 24-member Board of Directors composed of volunteers representing specific stakeholders in the center city.
The Office Administrator will assist in the day-to-day administrative needs of the President/CEO, staff and office. Responsibilities require advanced levels of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), internet research skills and project management skills for the development of reports and presentations. The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls, directing calls to the proper staff person, takes accurate
messages as needed
- Greet and help visitors to Downtown Greensboro Inc. in a professional and
- Oversee the Downtown Greensboro Inc. master calendar to coordinate meetings,
deadlines, community events, etc.
- Manage the Executive Committee and Board of Directors Meetings including
correspondences, recording minutes and other preparations as needed
- Assist with filing and large mailings
- Manage daily mail and general email distribution
- Assist to ensure a professional and organized office space
- Oversee office supply ordering and serves as liaison with repair services for
office machines, building maintenance, IT services etc.
- Work closely with the President in the daily management of all appointments,
phone calls and scheduling of events and appointments
- Coordinate travel and logistics for staff as needed
- Ensure quarterly reporting requirements are completed in a timely manner and
coordinate staff appropriately
- Assist the president with preparing documents, presentations, etc.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that will equip staff members
with tools that enable them to provide effective and efficient service
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s files and databases
- Coordinate grant writing and submission for additional funding with staff
- Manage Façade/Catalyst, etc. grant documentation and requirements
- Oversee the implementation of a new CRM program and continues to update
and manage contacts
- Other tasks as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma; B.S/B.A. in office administration or relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated successful experience in progressive office
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle
multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of
- Professional and friendly demeanor; team player orientation; excellent verbal
communication skills with ability to interface with internal and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding staffing, projects and
- Able to create grammatically correct and high quality written communication
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Access), Outlook email
and scheduling, and presentation software
- Must be self-directed and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Greensboro, specifically downtown is a plus
- Knowledge of economic development, event management and non-profit
terminology a plus