DGI will continue to keep you posted on updates that are pertinent to you and your business.
We are working on creative solutions to help you during this time and want to ensure you are kept abreast of constantly changing updates
Many of our local theaters, bars and venues are holding virtual performances. We encourage you to visit their individual web sites and social media channels for more information. Additionally, we will post information about each of these shows as we are made aware on our Instagram and Facebook stories.
- Triad Stage has published a full line-up of virtual performances
- Carolina Theatre is hosting virtual Open Mic Nights throughout the month of April.
- Vintage to Vogue Boutique is livestreaming twice each week on Facebook. Visit their feed for details.
- Greensboro Children’s Museum has a comprehensive list of at-home activities and projects for the family.
- Greensboro Downtown Parks have gone digital with art, wellness, and so much more.
- GreenHill Center for NC Art is holding virtual art lessons! Visit their Facebook page for links.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga has online yoga classes via their YouTube Channel.
- Greensboro Parks and Recreation is going live on Facebook Monday-Friday at 1 pm. We have a variety of programs from animal Mondays to fitness Fridays and everything in between!
- Greensboro Ballet is holding daily classes on YouTube.
- Chez Genèse is holding virtual cooking classes during the week. They post the schedule on their Instagram feed and the recipes on their blog.
- NC Legislature passes COVID relief: $125 million in funding for small business loans through the Golden LEAF Foundation.
- Free resource to you: SCORE. Free mentorships for small business owners. Coaching and counseling done by experienced executives. Score reps can be reached at Scoregso@gmail.com or 336-333-5399.
- News & Record Local Grant Program: this program is designed to help our local business community double the impact of their marketing through a matching grant. N&R is accepting applications now. This grant applies to a full suite of print and digital marketing products. This includes print ads, and digital display ads. To apply, fill out the application form and share your marketing goals and challenges during this difficult time. Within 48 business hours, N&R will review your application and one of their expert strategists will contact you with next steps.
- Greensboro City Council on Tuesday, 4/21, approved $460,000 in funding to support the Piedmont Business Capital Community Continuity Fund: To date, has approved nearly $250,000 for 30 businesses.
- Additional information on small business loans, grants and resources.
- Reminder: The Small Business Continuity Fund is an emergency fund from Piedmont Business Capital that provides low-barrier access to capital for small businesses in Greensboro. Businesses may apply for a zero interest loan for 6 weeks of operating expenses up to $10K. Apply here: https://piedmontbusinesscapital.loanwell.com/
- Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents. If you’re concerned about your studies or loan repayment, click here.
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits by clicking here.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief: Tax Day now July 15: Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount
- Employment Law Changes | Effective April 2, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act mandates paid sick leave, paid family and medical leave and enhanced unemployment compensation benefits.
- Unemployment Insurance | As an employer you may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). DUA is a federal program that provides temporary payments to people in a federally declared disaster area whose employment has been lost or interrupted as a direct result of the disaster. Business owners that are self-employed, a farmer, or a commercial fisherman, who is unemployed as a direct result of the disaster may be eligible.
- How to properly wash your hands
- Social Distancing Guidelines for Retailers
- Interim Opening Guidelines for Restaurants
- Opening Guidelines for Retailers
There are ways the community is coming together during this time:
- Buy Local/N&R: The News & Record has created a Buy Local site that will help customers buy gift cards to keep their favorite local businesses afloat during this difficult time. CLICK HERE to submit your business to the FREE listing.
- Fainting Goat Spirits has hand sanitizer available for purchase. Click here for details.
- Hudson’s Hill is now in the face mask making business, helping local healthcare workers.
- BohoSalon owner starts fundraiser to help hairdressers.
- Union Coffee Co has a goal of donating 50 boxes of coffee to our healthcare heroes, grocery workers, and first responders.
- Deep Roots Market is asking for volunteers to help deliver groceries in the community. Sign up here.
- United Way of Greater Greensboro and City of Greensboro Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Greensboro Artist Emergency Relief Fund to support creative individuals who have been financially impacted by event and performance cancellations.
DGI is constantly thinking of creative ways to help your business during this challenging time.
Take part in our new social media campaign, #myDGSO. This campaign will highlight our downtown businesses as well as residents who have chosen to call downtown home. PLEASE RECORD A 90-SECOND OR LESS VIDEO to participate in this campaign and email it to Stacy Calfo or upload it to this Google Drive folder. Here’s what we are looking for:
- Your name and business
- Why you chose downtown for your location
- What you want folks to know about you
- Note: it’s important to not make these longer than 90 seconds so we can share them in their entirety on social media. We will also be posting these to our YouTube pages.
- Think outside the box and have fun with them.
- Tents: We are also working with rental company Party Makers to place 10×10 tents in front of downtown businesses who are interested to promote sidewalk sales and curbside pick-up. Send an email directly to Sarah Healy, Director of Operations, if you are interested in having a tent placed in front of your business. We are hoping it will attract customers and make curbside pick-up easier. DGI will cover the cost of the tent rental.
- Updated List of Businesses for promotion: DGI will continue to update and promote our list of downtown businesses who offer gift certificates/cards, delivery, curbside pickup and online services. Please email our marketing director, Stacy Calfo, with any updates so we can keep this list updated. In addition, send any promotional pictures or images we can use on our social media channels. We will continue working with our local media to promote your business as well.
- Update your Zoom background!Let’s have some fun with our Zoom backgrounds and share #DGSO with the world. Find a ton of images in this Google drive folder and enjoy! https://tinyurl.com/ume2e39
Need help changing your background? Follow this link! https://tinyurl.com/wblnj8c
Thanks for supporting us and keeping #DGSO in your daily lives. (We’d love to see your Zoom background in action…share a screenshot with us #DGSOzoom)